What Diet Can Prevent Diabetes Aggravation
While diabetes symptoms interfere with daily activities and influence normal body functioning, it is inevitable to take all the possible actions to restrict their further development and aggravation. While the pharmaceutical market can provide customers with numerous medical solutions, behavior changes and modifications in the eating habits can trigger a considerable condition improvement.
Since uncontrolled instances of the devastating chronic disease trigger kidney failure, heart disease, blindness and similar complications, you need to act fast and regularly. Before the patient is diagnosed with diabetes, he/she will experience a specific period when blood glucose levels increase, but they are not yet high enough for a patient to be diagnosed with diabetes. Such condition is called prediabetes, and it serves the best time to start modifications.
Follow simple steps to control your blood sugar levels, including:
- Decrease the consumption of refined carbs and sugar, which increase the risk of diabetes development;
- Drink much water to avoid other beverages that contain much sugar, preservatives, and other harmful components;
- Control your body weight. Work to fight obesity, which is one of the primary diabetes triggers;
- Quit smoking, drinking and other unhealthy habits;
- A low carb diet is a key to successful diabetes prevention;
- Keep track of portion sizes. Do not eat huge portions. Eat frequently, but in little portions;
High fiber diet can be a good replacement for high carb one, as it is beneficial for both health and weight management.