Chia Seeds: Their Use and Harm for Female Health
Some of us have heard much about chia seeds, but could not even imagine they can be used for eating. Others haven’t even heard about this useful product. However, a recent discovery has become an immediate hit and keeps gaining fantastic popularity. The product is ultimately popular with vegans, who prepare the most diverse types of meals with the seeds.
However, before you purchase the product and start its intake, you need to estimate all the pros and cons and understand whether it is beneficial for your health or not.
Pros of chia seeds for the female health and overall body functioning:
- Approved by the FDA. The seeds are appreciated and approved by medical specialists since they are 100% natural and contain no additives or other supplements;
- High in fiber. Mixed with water, seeds form a gel, which aids in elimination and digestion. Chia seeds are also powerful suppressing hunger, enhancing the feeling of being full for longer;
- Contains gluten-free protein. Due to this feature, your energy levels and blood sugar ranges will stay balanced;
- Rich in magnesium, calcium, and boron. It reduces food cravings, advancing bone strength;
- Packed with antioxidants that prevent premature skin aging;
- Advances energy and metabolism;
- Eliminates the risk of breast cancer development and cervical disorders;
- Prevents stress.
On the other hand, there are certain cons of their use, especially:
- People, who are hypersensitive to mustard seeds should not use chia;
- Blood-thinning effect. As a result, you will get abnormal bleeding once you’ve got a cut;
- Bloating and gas presupposed by high fiber concentration;
- Decreased blood pressure, which can be dangerous for some groups of people;
- Purity. Only certified seeds should be consumed in order to avoid complications.