Effective Ways to Relieve Stress
Stress resistance is a highly personal feature which is hard to estimate. However, if we speak in general, women are much more vulnerable to the bad impact of stress than men due to their physiology and common psychological peculiarities, although it is easier for women to cope with stress thanks to estrogens produced in their body.
Possible Problems Caused by Stress
It is hardly possible to predict what consequences would appear due to stress. The only thing is clear: influence of stress is always harmful. It might include:possible problems caused by stress
- Hair loss;
If a person experiences severe stress for a long time, there is a risk to get:
- Anorexia or bulimia;
- Panic attacks.
This list is only a small part of what may happen because of nerve strain as in case a person suffers from any disease, he/she starts to develop rapidly as soon as stress begins to act.
How to Reduce Stress
It is vital to know how to destress to prevent or at least avoid worsening of your health. The remedies are numerous and vary from breathing techniques to medications. The first thing to consider is how severe your stress is. In simple cases, the following techniques would be appropriate:
- Breathing. You need to breathe in deeply and breathe out slowly. It might help to calm down. Also, some special breathing gymnastics would be useful to make your body stronger and less vulnerable;
- Crying or screaming. If there is no way to avoid a stressful situation, it is better not to keep emotions inside, but let them out. If crying or shouting doesn’t work properly, it is allowed to break a couple of plates. Also, you might imagine that your pillow is the cause of your disappointment and lash out at it instead of your enemy;
- Dancing. It is also a way to get rid of tension, but more positive. Even if you can’t dance well, do your best for about 10 minutes, and you will notice the improvement;
- Massage or sauna. These ways are connected with relaxation. They are extremely effective when there is a need to relieve anxiety and recover from long-lasting stress;
- Sport. Any kind of sport can help forget your problems and reduce stress impact. Physical exercises help relax and let off steam.
Surely, if the ways of distress mentioned above appear to be ineffective, it is necessary to visit a psychologist or even psychiatrist to cope with the problem. It is better to cure the state as soon as possible, especially if it is serious. Stress is nearly impossible to avoid, but when you know how to act it becomes not so harmful.